Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Amanda Bynes Arrested for DUI; Hit Police Car

By Stephanie Rabiner, Esq. on April 06, 2012 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Funny girl Amanda Bynes was arrested early Friday morning in West Hollywood on suspicion of driving under the influence. The 26-year-old was attempting to pass a cop car just before being pulled over.

It seems she actually hit the police cruiser.

As of this writing, she's still in jail, being held until someone picks her up and pays her $5,000 bail.

Amanda Bynes' arrest comes as no surprise to fans of the former Nickelodeon star.

Though she's done a relatively good job of staying out of trouble, gossip rag TMZ reports Bynes has been spending more time in West Hollywood. A cameraman even claims he saw her drunkenly get behind the wheel just a few weeks ago.

Then there was that incident on March 7. She was pulled over for talking on her cell phone while driving, which is illegal in California. While the cop was writing the ticket, she fled the scene. Amanda Bynes wasn't arrested, but WENN reports prosecutors may still be considering legal action.

Now after the DUI incident, that legal action may be coming. Between Amanda Bynes' DUI and her choice to flee the scene, prosecutors may feel they have no choice but to file some sort of charges. She's starting to demonstrate a pattern of reckless behavior, which is something they are going to want to stop right now.

This blogger sees probation and alcohol treatment in the actress' future. Perhaps a suspended sentence if the judge is feeling nice. If prosecutors let her off the hook, there's a chance Amanda Bynes could be arrested again.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard