Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Anna Nicole Smith Death: Trial Date Set for Boyfriend & Docs

By Kamika Dunlap on February 15, 2010 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

A trial date was finally set for the boyfriend and doctors accused of conspiring to illegally provide the late Playboy model Anna Nicole Smith with sedatives and opiates before she died.

Superior Court Judge David Wesley scheduled the trial for the three defendants for Aug. 4, the Associated Press recently reported.

As previously discussed, Smith died of an overdose from a cocktail of prescription drugs in 2007. She died in a hotel room in Florida shortly after the birth of her daughter Dannielynn and the death of her adult son Daniel also from a drug overdose.

Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, Dr. Khristine Eroshevich and Smith's ex-boyfriend Howard K. Stern all have pleaded guilty to illegally supplying the late actress with sedatives. They are not charged with causing her death.

The list of drugs allegedly furnished by the doctors to Stern (who then gave them to Smith) was quite lengthy and included such controlled substances as Ambien, Dilaudid, methadone, and Xanax. Anna Nicole's autopsy report had found that she had died due to an accidental overdose from a combination of drugs.

See this previous post for information on the original charges filed against them. 

As previously discussed, the charges against Howard K. Stern include 11 counts of unlawfully prescribing controlled drugs to an addict, including conspiracy to commit a crime and obtaining a prescription for opiates by deceit.

The two doctors, Eroshevich and Kapoor, each face six charges for the same offenses.

The next hearing is set for April 23.

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard