'Buckwild's' Salwa Amin Arrested on Drug Charge
A "star" on MTV's reality show "Buckwild" is facing a drug charge in West Virginia.
Authorities say Salwa Amin, 24, is in jail and being held on a felony charge of possession with intent to deliver, reports The Associated Press.
Details of the arrest are still not clear, and Amin -- who's typically not camera-shy -- does not want to talk to the news media. Amin's arrest, however, may only fuel interest in the MTV show.
Like many MTV reality shows, "Buckwild" has seen its fair share of criticism. The show basically portrays young people acting crazily in wild, wonderful West Virginia. That's not so different from other formulaic MTV shows like "Jersey Shore," "The Real World," and "Teen Mom."
In fact, Salwa Amin is in fine company when it comes to her arrest. Here are five of her MTV reality-show peers who've also gotten into some real-world legal trouble themselves:
- "Teen Mom 2's" Jenelle Evans. Evans was arrested for harassing her former roommate Hannah Inman. Evans was taken into custody after allegedly making threatening phone calls to Inman. This was not Evans' first time behind bars.
- "Jersey Shore's" Deena Cortese. Deena Cortese was arrested in Seaside Heights, New Jersey, for disorderly conduct. Her conduct? She was publicly intoxicated, of course.
- "16 & Pregnant's" Weston Gosa. A young father from this show was placed behind bars for alleged drugged driving. Police say they found the prescription drugs Xanax and Lorcet after he crashed his car.
- "Jersey Shore's" JWoww. JWoww's landlord sued the reality star for more than $450,000 in property damage. JWoww rented the home before she became famous, and MTV allegedly used the home as a filming location without permission.
- "Jersey Shore's" Everyone. The entire cast of "Jersey Shore" was sued for an assault on a woman. The woman said she suffered permanent facial lacerations from four of the show's security guards after getting into a heated argument with Snooki. Snooki apparently wrestled the woman to the ground and threw her onto the boardwalk after the encounter.
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.