Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

David Cassidy Arrested for DUI in Florida

By Tanya Roth, Esq. on November 04, 2010 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

David Cassidy will not be getting happy anytime soon, after his arrest on DUI charges in Florida. The singer and '70s pop idol, the Justin Bieber of his day, was pulled over by a Florida Highway Patrol officer on November 3 for erratic driving.

The state trooper noticed Cassidy's white Mercedes driving on and off the road as he traveled down the Florida Turnpike, reports When officer saw another vehicle "abruptly" brake to avoid crashing into the singer's car, he had seen enough, and pulled Cassidy over.

Acting like a gentlemen of the old school, Cassidy was apologetic after the traffic stop, TCPalm reports. Cassidy reportedly told the officer he had a glass of wine and took some of his prescription hydrocodone around 3:30 that afternoon.

Cassidy failed the officer's field sobriety test, with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.139 percent and 0.141 percent. The legal BAC limit in Florida, is 0.08 percent.

The alleged presence of a half empty bottle of Labrot & Graham Woodford Reserve bourbon, reports TCPalm, added an open container violation to the DUI charges against the former star of the feel-good 70's show "The Partridge Family."

Open container laws exist in most jurisdictions with a few exceptions. Designed to prevent drunk driving and disorderly conduct, the laws prohibit the use of alcohol in public, including on the street and in your car. Not surprisingly, the cities of New Orleans and Las Vegas do not have open container laws.

David Cassidy was released from the St. Lucie County Jail on $350 bail, according to the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard