Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Deion Sanders' Divorce Gets Pricey: Pilar Sanders Wants $200M

By Stephanie Rabiner, Esq. on February 22, 2012 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Pilar Sanders is not a gold digger. No, her estranged husband Deion Sanders only brainwashed her into believing she is a "gold digging ho."

This bizarre claim is one of many included in a civil lawsuit Pilar has filed against Deion and Deionadra, his daughter from a previous marriage. She's accusing the pair of attacking her emotionally, including on social media sites like Twitter.

She wants $200 million -- $50 million in actual damages, and $150 in punitive damages.

The suit may be a strategic move on Pilar Sanders' part. The couple announced their divorce in December, and she's been accusing him of physical abuse ever since. This, however, is the first time she has so publicly accused him of emotional violence.

Pilar claims Deion and Deionadra have humiliated, isolated, threatened and intimidated her, reports TMZ. She also accuses them of leaving weapons around the house and "hurting pets."

There's no word on how they hurt the pets.

Pilar doesn't appear quite as innocent as she presents herself to be. Dallas police were called to the couple's mansion earlier this month when a violent altercation erupted between her and Deion's aunt. She was found holding kitchen knives, but was arrested when she refused to drop them upon an officer's request.

This blogger doesn't think Pilar Sanders' lawsuit will go anywhere, and that it will instead be subsumed by the ongoing divorce proceedings. The accusations are quite outlandish, and $200 million is a lot of money for a claim of emotional distress.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard