Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Deion Sanders Tweets Estranged Wife's Assault Arrest

By Stephanie Rabiner, Esq. on April 24, 2012 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

NFL Hall of Famer Deion Sanders' wife Pilar is back in the spotlight, having been arrested on Monday night on suspicion of domestic violence. Sanders tweeted the incident, including a photograph of him filling out a police report.

He claims Pilar and a friend entered their Dallas home and began "kicking, biting, and scratching" him in front of his sons. Though the couple is going through a highly publicized and bitter divorce, they are reportedly still living together.

Probably not for much longer, though.

This isn't the first time Deion Sanders' wife has been accused of violence. She was arrested in February after a fight with Deion's aunt. Police found her holding kitchen knives, which she refused to drop upon their request.

Soon after, she filed a $200 million suit against Deion and his daughter, accusing them of defamation and emotional distress.

Given this history, it's unsurprising that Sanders tweeted the following:

"I'm sad my boys witnessed this mess, but I warned the police department here that she was gone try n harm me and my boys. This is on my mama!"

"Is somebody going to have to die? Is it going to be me before the court does something and get this woman out of my house? It's absurd."

Sanders now likely has enough evidence to get his estranged wife out of his house. There have been at least two violent episodes in a matter of months, one of which was in front of their children. As a result, a judge shouldn't have too difficult of a time issuing a restraining order against Deion Sanders' wife.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard