Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Jon & TLC: Settlement Reached

By Tanya Roth, Esq. on February 17, 2010 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

The Jon and Kate saga might finally be coming to an end. 

The fifteen minutes of fame have long expired for Jon and Kate, but the minutes turned to hours which subsequently turned into days, weeks and months in the wake of their celebrity divorce. 

Then came the legal battles between Jon Gosselin and the station that gave them their break, The Learning Channel (TLC).  Now, after several months of fighting TLC, there seems to be evidence of a settlement reached between the parties.

Mary Jay Heller, the attorney for Jon Gosselin, confirmed that a settlement had been filed on Wednesday in her client's lawsuit with TLC.

The lawsuit began on October 15, 2009, when TLC had filed a suit against Jon Gosselin for allegedly violating the contract they had signed with him. In violation of his contract, they alleged, he had made television appearances, both paid and unpaid.

In defense against TLC's lawsuit, Jon Gosselin's attorney claimed that the contract was unenforceable, since he had not been represented by legal counsel at the time of signing.  Furthermore, Gosselin's attorney alleged that the contract was null and void after the network changed the name of the series to "Kate Plus 8". Jon also filed a counterclaim, alleging that the network had damaged his career by preventing him from working with other media outlets.

"TLC has reached a settlement with Jon Gosselin and will be undertaking procedural steps to conclude the litigation," the network said today.

Let's just hope this settlement will also conclude their 15 minutes of fame.   

Related Resources

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard