Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Levi Johnston May Sue Palin Family for Joint Custody of Tripp

By Minara El-Rahman on November 10, 2009 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Levi Johnston, the man who fathered former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's first grandchild is planning to seek joint custody.

According to People Magazine, Levi Johnston, 19 claims that Sarah Palin and the rest of the family are making it difficult for him to see his 10 month old son Tripp.

He told Insider: "It's not working. I'm done. It's going to have to go to court. They just finally pushed me over the edge."

This news certainly does not come as a surprise since Levi Johnston is not a favorite of the Palin household. He recently told People Magazine about how Sarah Palin was a money hungry politician who did not care about her state.

He told them: "Sarah was sad for a while. She walked around the house pouting," Johnston says. "A week or two after she got back she started talking about how nice it would be to quit and write a book or do a show and make 'triple the money.' She would blatantly say, 'I want to just take this money and quit being governor.' "

Meanwhile Sarah Palin has criticized Levi Johnston's decision to pose nude for Playgirl and attack her family. She said: "Those who would sell their body for money reflect a desperate need for attention and are likely to say and do anything for even more attention."

Joint legal custody means that both Levi Johnston and the mother Bristol Palin would share in major decisions affecting the child. Major decisions would include: schooling, healthcare, and religious instruction. Procedures are issued by the court if the parents can not agree on these decisions.

Let's see what grandma Sarah Palin has to say about that! She may be a maverick when it comes to politics, but I would not attempt to be a maverick when it comes to family law. While grandparents can sue for visitation rights if the parents are unmarried, courts consider the child's best interests.  

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard