Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Megan Fox Sued for 'Assaulting' Photog with Husband Brian Austin Green

By Stephanie Rabiner, Esq. on March 26, 2012 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

A peeping photog has sued Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green, accusing the husband and wife duo of violently assaulting him on a Hawaii beach. The paparazzo, Delbert Shaw, claims that he suffered serious injuries.

The lawsuit was filed on Monday morning in Los Angeles County Superior Court, according to gossip site TMZ. Shaw has reportedly asked for an unspecified amount in damages, but chances are the suit will be settled before you and I ever learn how much he really wants.

The altercation at issue is said to have occurred in December 2011 while the 90210 actor and his much younger wife were frolicking on the beach. An argument ensued and then turned violent when, as Us Weekly reports, Green began to "pummel" Shaw.

Since when does David Silver have moves?

Based on these facts, it's no wonder Shaw has sued Brian Austin Green. But why has he sued Megan Fox?

The actress is accused of encouraging her hubby to fight. She reportedly yelled out, "Are you going to let him get away with that," explains TMZ. Shaw also claims she egged Green on during the actual fight.

In case you didn't know this, encouraging someone to fight makes you complicit in an assault -- both criminally and civilly. In most states, verbal encouragement subjects an individual to accomplice or accessory liability -- even if he or she doesn't actually participate in the physical violence.

This is why Shaw sued Megan Fox. And the photos of the assault posted by TMZ are why she and her husband will likely settle the suit sometime soon.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard