Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Lindsay Lohan v. Pitbull: Lyrics Countersuit Filed by Rapper

By Stephanie Rabiner, Esq. on November 11, 2011 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

The Lindsay Lohan-Pitbull defamation battle is heating up, and the rapper is taking no prisoners.

Lohan sued Pitbull back in August over his song, "Give Me Everything." In it, he cheekily raps that he's "got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan." He apparently hurt her Ms. Lohan's feelings.

But chances are his just-filed court response will hurt her even more. It includes a very long list of her legal troubles, which the rapper says justify his lyrics.

And Pitbull makes a pretty solid legal argument.

This is a pretty good argument and may end Lohan's claim once and for all. The ultimate defense to defamation is truth, and no one can deny that she's spent time behind bars--even if it was only for a few hours.

But the very detailed list of Lohan's indiscretions also serves another purpose. Pitbull wants the lawsuit, which was filed in a New York state court, to be moved to federal court. New York's federal judges are likely to be more skeptical of the actress' claims.

Pitbull can accomplish this only if he can prove that Lindsay is a citizen of California, as opposed to the claimed New York. And Lohan's criminal matters are just the proof he needs.

The rapper points out that she's been living in California since 2004, reports TMZ. He also tells the court that house arrest, probation, and community service have and will keep her there for quite some time.

It looks like the Lindsay Lohan-Pitbull suit will be coming to an end sometime soon. And chances are it won't be to the actress' benefit.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard