Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Rapper Juvenile Arrested in Louisiana for Pot Possession

By James Norwood on February 28, 2011 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Rapper Juvenile, best known for his hit song, "Back That Thang Up," may have backed his own thang right into jail.

Rapper Juvenile was arrested in Louisiana for possession of marijuana and released after posting $750 cash bond according to Associated Press.

The rapper, whose real name is Terius Gray, was charged with possession of marijuana and driving on a suspended license after being clocked doing 75 mph in a 65 mph zone and passing in the right lane, which is illegal in New Orleans.

Possession of marijuana and driving on a suspended driving license are both misdemeanors.

Juvenile's court date is set for April 1, April Fool's Day. Seems appropriate! Why would anybody speed and pass cars illegally when they have weed in their possession? Seems like a foolish choice.

This is not Juvenile's first brush with the law. According to the AP, a few of the rapper's greatest hits include:

  • arrested for failure to pay child support
  • arrested for resisting an officer at a Florida Mall
  • arrested for assaulting a man with a champagne bottle
  • arrested at least once before on drug charges

Some of these charges were dismissed.

Juvenile was criticized for not attending his 4-year-old daughter's funeral. She and her mother were killed by the mother's son in 2008.

"You don't get over things like that. That's something that goes with you for the rest of your life. I'm not even comfortable talking about it. I stayed away from the press, everybody had a million questions," Juvenile said in a 2009 interview.

Sterling police Sgt. Jacob Greer notes that Juvenile was very courteous and respectful. "He asked me if I recognized him, and I said `No. Now if you were George Strait I'll probably have recognized you,'" Greer said. Too bad Juvenile doesn't do country music, he may have gotten a bit of a break.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard