August Spotlight: Foreclosure
Last week, President Bush signed into law the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008, a sweeping housing rescue package that promises help for homeowners facing foreclosure, and provides temporary assistance to struggling mortgage finance companies Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. In light of this landmark legislation -- and recent trends in the national housing market -- FindLaw's monthly spotlight is on Foreclosure. Visit FindLaw's August Spotlight page for tips on avoiding foreclosure, links to state-specific foreclosure information and assistance, foreclosure-related news, and more.
- FindLaw's August Spotlight: Foreclosure
- Bush Signs Broad Housing Relief Bill (FindLaw's Common Law Blog 7/30/08)
- Summary of the "Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008" (U.S. Senate) [PDF file]
- Chicago Tribune: Housing Measure Called Good Bandage
- Real Estate Center: Foreclosure
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.