Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Beware Fake Adderall Sold on Internet, FDA Warns

By Admin on May 31, 2012 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Some online pharmacies are selling fake Adderall, according to the Food and Drug Administration. The federal agency has learned of at least two instances involving the counterfeit pills, which purport to treat those diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

The extent of the con is unknown, as the FDA was only alerted once customers called the manufacturer to report misspellings on the packaging, according to Reuters. The websites involved are also unknown. But what the FDA does know is that the fake Adderall had the wrong active ingredients and can possibly be harmful.

The pills also didn't look like the real thing. They were unmarked, white and came in foil packets. Real Adderall is orange or peach, marked with "dp" on one side and "30" on the other, and is sold in bottles.

Adderall is particularly susceptible to counterfeiting at the moment because there has been a shortage since last year. However, consumers are encouraged to be vigilant about any drugs they buy online.

Before you purchase drugs online, you should always research the website and the medication in question. There are a number of online sources, including the manufacturer, that describe the pills. They will tell you color, size, shape and inscriptions. These sites will also often indicate the type of packaging used.

Once you receive your mail order meds, be sure to compare them to the official description before you take them. If fake Adderall can be harmful, imagine what taking a fake heart medicine can do to you.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard