Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Chicken Recall: Pilgrim's Pride Sold at Dollar General

By Admin on July 29, 2011 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Pilgrim's Pride expanded its chicken recall to 18,312 pounds of chicken nuggets and fillets sold at Dollar General stores in the Southeast this week, while Flying Foods has also recalled another 7,000 pounds of chicken and other meat products, most of which were sold at Starbucks and Race Trac gas stations.

The poultry products are believed to be contaminated with Listeria, a bacteria that can be deadly for pregnant women, older adults, newborns, and those with weakened immune systems.

Sold at Dollar General stores in West Virginia, Tennessee, Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Georgia, Florida, and Alabama, the Pilgrim's Pride recall covers:

  • 10-pound boxes of "Sweet Georgia Brand Fully Cooked Breaded White Chicken Nuggets Shaped Patties" with date code 11471010.
  • 30-pound boxes of "Pilgrim's Pride Fully Cooked Grilled Chicken Breast Fillet with Rib Meat" with a date code of 11801050 and a Use by Date of Dec. 26, 2011.
  • 16-pound boxes of "Pilgrim’s Pride Fully Cooked Chicken Breast Breaded Nugget Shaped Patties with Rib Meat" with date code 11531010, and a Use by Date of Jun. 2, 2012.

Sold in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida, a list of the dozens of products covered by the Flying Foods recall can be found here.

If you have purchased a product that is subject to the chicken recall, return it to the place of purchase for a refund or a replacement.

Additionally, if you have recently consumed a product subject to the chicken recall, and are showing signs of Listeriosis, please seek immediate medical attention.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard