Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options Feds Launch Food Safety Website

By Admin on September 10, 2009 3:29 PM

The US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Department of Agriculture (USDA) have launched a website -- -- designed to help consumers stay up to date of food safety issues and recalls.

The website's main appeal is that it brings together information from scattered government agencies responsible for overseeing our food supply and reacting to food safety issues. Consumers will be able to go to one place for information from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Center for Disease Control (CDC), along with the Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), which as part of the USDA oversees the safety of meat, poultry, and egg products. features news regarding new and ongoing food safety issues, such as recalls, along with tips on keeping food safe and avoiding food poisoning. It also features educational materials on many common food related illnesses along with the bacteria, viruses, parasites, toxins and contaminants that cause them.

The site has podcasts, video offerings, and even e-cards which you can send to people to alert them to food safety issues. Visitors can also sign up for email alerts, RSS feeds of food safety information, or download a food safety alerts and tips widget which can be featured on other websites, such as social networking websites, to keep users informed even when they are not on the website.

One handy feature the site offers is a clearinghouse through which users can report a wide variety of problems. Users can also use the site to ask questions from food safety experts. Links to state agencies involved in food safety are offered, as well.

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard