FSIS Announces Beef Recall of Meat Slated for Feds
The products under recall include the following: Combo bin packages of "Randolph Packing Co., Inc. BONELESS BEEF;" Combo bin packages of "Randolph Packing Co. Knuckles 90% & 94%;" 30 lbs. boxes of "Beef Ribeye Rolls." Each label of the recalled meat bears the establishment number "EST. 6590" inside the USDA mark of inspection.
The products were produced on February 25, 2010, and were distributed to federal establishments for further processing in Ill., Mo., N.Y., OH., and Va. Although consumers should be aware of this recall, none of these products are available directly to the public. The potential contamination of this meat was discovered by FSIS microbiological sampling.
Questions regarding the recall should be directed to the company Plant Manager, Wayne Gilberts, or General Manager, Craig Hamlet at (366) 672-1470.
The FSIS reminds consumers of these food safety tips:
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds before and after handling raw meat and poultry.
- Wash cutting boards, dishes and utensils with hot, soapy water.
- Keep raw meat, fish and poultry away from other food that will not be cooked.
- Consumers should only eat ground beef or ground beef patties that have been cooked to a safe internal temperature of 160° F, whether prepared from fresh or frozen raw meat products.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative, available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov.
- North Carolina Firm Recalls Beef Products Due to Possible E. coli O157:H7 Contamination (FSIS)
- Food Poisoning and Food Safety Resources (FindLaw)
- FoodSafety.gov: Feds Launch Food Safety Website (FindLaw's Common Law)
- FSIS Announces Beef Recall in Massachusetts (FindLaw's Common Law)
- Personal Injuries from Dangerous or Defective Products (provided by Stulce & Yantis)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.