Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Getting Your Economic Stimulus Rebate

By Admin on March 10, 2008 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Over 130 million households are eligible to receive rebates under the federal government's "economic stimulus" program, with checks set to be mailed out in May. But in order to receive payment under the stimulus program, you must file a 2007 federal income tax return -- even if you are usually exempt from filing -- and have a 2007 taxable income of at least $3,000. The Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) Stimulus Payment FAQ answers a number of questions about the economic stimulus payments, with information on eligibility, payment amounts, and tax filing requirements. The IRS is advising the "millions of retirees, disabled veterans and low-wage workers who usually are exempt from filing a tax return" to file this year to ensure that they will receive a stimulus payment.

  • Economic Stimulus Payments Information Center (IRS)
  • Stimulus Payment FAQ (IRS)
  • Filing Your Federal Taxes(FindLaw)
  • Tax Help and Resources (FindLaw)
  • You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

    Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

    Or contact an attorney near you:
    Copied to clipboard