Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

IRS Urges Taxpayers to E-File Extension Requests

By Admin on April 13, 2006 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

The IRS urges taxpayers who need more time to complete their tax returns to e-file their extensions. E-filing an extension is convenient, safe and secure, and taxpayers receive confirmation to keep with their records. "If you haven't finished your return, don't panic," said IRS Commissioner Mark W. Everson. "Just file an extension, either by e-file or by mail." The agency expects to receive 9.6 million extensions during 2006. Taxpayers can get an automatic 6-month extension of time to file their tax returns by filing Form 4868 [PDF], Automatic Extension of Time to File.

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard