Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Jogging Stroller Recall: REI’s BOB Strollers Could Strangle Baby

By Admin on February 28, 2011 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

A large recall of BOB jogging strollers, popular among parents who take their children running with them, has been announced due to a strangulation risk.

A child was entangled in the drawstring and nearly strangled while riding in one of the BOB jogging strollers, reports Fox News. Fortunately, the attentive mother freed the child before any serious harm was caused.

The jogging strollers recall centers on a defective design in the drawstring. The United States Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) announced the drawstring can get wrapped around a child's neck and pose a strangulation hazard.

Owners of BOB jogging stroller with the Weather Shield or Sun Shield should contact BOB Trailers for a free canopy retrofit kit. The eleven models of the BOB jogging strollers being recalled are listed on the CPSC website

Here is the list of the recalled BOB jogging strollers:

  • Sport Utility Stroller
  • Sport Utility Stroller D’Lux
  • Ironman
  • Sport Utility Duallie
  • Ironman Duallie
  • Revolution
  • Revolution 12”
  • Stroller Strides
  • Revolution Duallie
  • Revolution Duallie 12”
  • Stroller Strides Duallie

Generally speaking, manufacturers are strictly liable for any harm caused by a defective design. A design defect is where the product design is inherently dangerous no matter how carefully the product is manufactured. If the design of the product causes an injury, the injured party need only show that an injury occurred and the manufacturer is liable.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard