Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Libipower Plus Recalled over ED Ingredient

By Admin on July 14, 2009 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Libipower Plus, a "dietary supplement" marketed by Haloteco, has been voluntarily recalled nationwide because it contains tadalalafil, the active ingredient in many erectile dysfunction drugs.

Tadalalafil can pose particular risks to those taking nitrates (to treat heart problems, for example). When combined, the two can lower blood pressure to dangerous levels.

According to a Food and Drug Administration press release, Haloteco announced the voluntary recall after the FDA found the presence of tadalalafil, which is not named on the products packaging.

Consumers who still have Libipower Plus should stop taking it immediately and seek medical attention for any problems that may be caused by it.

This isn't the first supplement to be recalled over not disclosing erectile dysfunction related ingredients. Last month, Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals, Inc. had to recall Stamina Rx because it contained benzamidenafil, which like tadalalafil is used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. It also poses heart risks to people taking nitrates.

Supplements like Libipower and Stamina Rx run into problems on multiple fronts, including what they contain and how they are advertised.

Here, they both contain an ingredient normally reserved for prescription drugs, and which poses significant health risks to certain users.

In the case of Stamina Rx, if not also Libipower Plus, the FDA found that due to effects advertised, the "supplement" was actually a drug. Further, it was a drug not recognized as safe under the condition advertised for its use.

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard