Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Nissan Recall: Infiniti and Juke May Leak Gas

By Admin on February 28, 2012 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Nissan issued a voluntary recall last week over concerns that 80,000 of its vehicles may leak fuel. Shortly after, the automaker issued a second recall covering an additional 3,000 vehicles that do not meet federal auto safety rules.

The first Nissan recall involves the 2011-12 Infiniti Q56X, Infiniti M sedan and Juke. After conducting an investigation into a consumer complaint, the company believes that the fuel pressure sensor on these vehicles may not have been properly tightened. This could possibly cause "a small amount of fuel to leak."

The possible leak has not yet been connected to any injuries or "thermal events," according to the New York Times. But there have been reports of a gasoline smell within the vehicles.

The second Nissan recall involves the 2012 Murano and Rogue SUVs. The tire pressure monitoring system may not have been activated on approximately 3,000 of these vehicles, explains the Chicago Tribune. This system ensures proper tire pressure and must be activated to comply with federal auto safety rules.

Nissan plans to notify owners of the Infiniti and Juke models starting March 19. Local dealers will fix the pressure sensor free of charge. There are no plans to notify owners of the Murano or Rogue models, as records show they have not yet been sold. Local dealers were instead instructed to activate the system.

If you have any questions about the Nissan recalls, you can call Nissan at (615) 725-1000 or the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration at (888) 327-4246.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard