Nissan Recalls 200,000 Vehicles Over Airbag Issue
Nissan will recall more than 200,000 of its model year 2007 and 2008 vehicles, because a problem with an airbag component in the passenger seat cushion could prevent the airbag from deploying in an accident. The recall affects 204,361 Nissan vehicles: 2007-2008 Nissan Altima, Altima Coupe, 350Z, Murano, and Rogue; and 2007-2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan, G37 Coupe, and EX35.
Reuters reports that in some Nissan vehicles identified in the recall, "the passenger side airbag could fail to receive a proper signal, and a supplemental airbag warning light could flash and a status light would illuminate to warn the driver that it is not working properly." Affected vehicle owners should be contacted by Nissan beginning on November 3, and Nissan expects that actual airbag problems will be found in less than 1 percent of the affected vehicles, according to Reuters.
- Reuters: Nissan to Recall 204,361 Vehicles
- Vehicle Defects and Recalls (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
- Air Bag Safety (SaferCar.gov)
- Safety Search: Vehicles and Equipment (FindLaw)
- Your Rights: Vehicle Defects, Repairs, and Lawsuits (FindLaw)
- Motor Vehicle Accidents (FindLaw)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.