Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

O-Grill Recall: Portable Gas Grills Have Leaks, Fire Risks

By Admin on January 10, 2012 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

The Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued an O-Grill recall. The small portable gas grills are manufactured in China by Uni-O Industries, Corp.

The federal agency has received at least 10 reports of the grills catching fire, though no injuries or property damage occurred. The screw-on propane canisters have been found to leak gas, posing a fire and burn hazard.

Unlike newer models, the grills lack ventilation slots where a propane canister or fuel line can connect on the side.

The O-Grill recall covers Iroda models 1000 and 3000, which were sold in orange, red, green, blue, silver and black. About 4,500 units were sold between November 2008 and December 2010 by L.L. Bean, Stoneman, BBQG, Walgreens, REI, Dillards and Dick's Sporting Goods, according to a government press release.

Some of the covered grills were also sold under the Tailgating Gear brand. Consumers owning Tailgating Gear products subject to the recall will find the words "O-Grill" stamped across the grill cover.

If you own an O-Grill covered by the recall, stop using the grill immediately. Contact the company at (888) 847-8968 to make arrangements for a free replacement.

If a grill covered by the O-Grill recall has injured you or your property, consider reporting the incident to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. You may also want to talk to a personal injury lawyer about a defective product lawsuit. A design defect appears to be responsible for the recall, which means the company may be responsible for your damages.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard