Postal Regulatory Commission Recommends Postage Rate Increase and Creation of "Forever Stamp"
Today the Postal Regulatory Commission released a report recommending U.S. Postal Service rate increases which could go into effect as early as May 2007. Some highlights from the Commission report include:
- An increase in the price of a first-class stamp by two cents - from 39 cents to 41cents
- An increase in the price of mailing postcards by two cents - from 24 cents to 26 cents
- The creation of a new "Forever Stamp." Forever Stamps would be sold in limited quantities for the price of a first-class one-ounce letter, and would continue to be worth the price of a first-class one-ounce letter even if that price changes.
For more information:
- Docket R2006-1: Opinion and Recommended Decision - Contains the full text of the Commission recommendations and proposed postal rate changes.
- Docket page R2006-1 - Contains a variety of background documents.
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.