Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. Honored
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., the 39-year-old Nobel Prize winning leader of the civil rights movement, is being honored today in a number of events in cities across the nation, forty years after his assassination on April 4, 1968. The Associated Press reports that thousands of people turned out in Memphis for a march to the Lorraine Motel, where King was assassinated, and Presidential candidates Hillary Rodham Clinton and John McCain are set to take part in commemorative events in Memphis later today.
- Memphis Marchers Honor Legacy of MLK (Associated Press)
- Events Mark King Anniversary (Washington Times)
- Chicago Remembers Martin Luther King (ABC7 Chicago)
- Remembering Martin Luther King (L.A. Times)
- The King Center - Official Site
- The Martin Luther King, Jr. Research & Education Institute | Audio
- Civil Rights Center (FindLaw)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.
Or contact an attorney near you: