Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

SkilSaw Recall: Bosch Recalls Saw Over Laceration Hazard

By Admin on July 12, 2012 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

There is a voluntary recall of the Skilsaw miter saw produced by Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced.

The Skilsaw recall potentially affects over 22,000 consumers who purchased the Skilsaw 10-inch compound miter saw at Lowe's Home Centers and OC Tanner stores from January 2012 through April 2012.

No reports of injuries or incidents have been reported. However, the CPSC is still investigating the product.

The problem with the Skilsaw 10-inch compound saw is apparently related to the lower guard of the saw. During use, the lower guard can break off. This causes the user's hand to come into contact with the blade and creates obvious laceration hazards, announced the CPSC. The agency said that consumers should immediately stop use of the saw and contact Robert Bosch Tool Corporation for a free lower guard replacement. Consumers can contact the company at (888) 727-6109 or visit the firm's website at to learn more about replacing their faulty saw.

As the CPSC continues its investigation, the agency urges any users injured by the Skilsaw to contact them on their website

In addition, those affected by the Skilsaw recall may want to contact a product liability attorney to learn their rights. That is, assuming they have suffered harm. Generally, producers of a consumer product are "strictly liable" for injuries their products cause. So a prospective plaintiff only has to show that he or she was injured by the product. The plaintiff would not have to show that producer was negligent or careless in design and production.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard