Tips on Flood Readiness and Recovery
In the aftermath of recent floods in the Midwest, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Emergency Preparedness and Response Center is offering tips on flood readiness, recovery information, instructions on reentering a flooded home, and much more. Despite the recent flooding in the Midwest, Fox News reports that "Congress has shown little enthusiasm for taking the unpopular steps that experts say are necessary to fix the nation's main flood insurance program."
- CDC: Emergency Preparedness and Response: Floods
- CBS News: Floodwaters Slowly Receding in Midwest
- AP/Fox News: Efforts to Change Flood Insurance Stall
- Preventing Mold Damage After a Flood (FindLaw)
- Toxic Mold / Black Mold (FindLaw)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.
Or contact an attorney near you: