Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

What the Shrek? McDonald's and CPSC Recall Shrek Glasses

By Admin on June 04, 2010 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

The CPSC and McDonald's Corporation announced on June 5 that they would recall the painted “Shrek Forever After 3D” Collectable Drinking Glasses after  discovering the designs on the glasses contain cadmium. Consumers are asked to stop using the glasses immediately.

The glasses under recall are the “Shrek Forever After 3D” collectible drinking glass in the 16 ounce size and with four designs: Shrek, Fiona, Puss n’ Boots, and Donkey. The glasses were available at McDonald’s restaurants nationwide from May 2010 into June 2010, for about $2.

Other recalls have been announced in recent months on children's products containing cadmium. Retailers such as Walmart and companies such as Disney have been forced to recall toys and jewelry due to the presence of the heavy metal which is known to have adverse affects on the health after long term exposure.

"A very small amount of cadmium can come to the surface of the glass, and in order to be as protective as possible of children, CPSC and McDonald's worked together on this recall," CPSC spokesman Scott Wolfson told the Associated Press. He would not specify the amounts of cadmium that leached from the paint in tests, but said the amounts were "slightly above the protective level currently being developed by the agency."

Consumers who purchased the Shrek glasses may receive a full refund. Visit for additional instructions on how to obtain a refund. For additional information, consumers may contact McDonald’s toll-free at (800) 244-6227 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s website at

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard