Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Englewood, NJ Sues Libya over Property Construction

By Joel Zand on August 28, 2009 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

It's official: Englewood, New Jersey sued the Libyan government and its contractor, Quattro Construction, for a temporary injunction to enforce stop work orders issued against the current work on the Libya-owned property.

You can read the complete lawsuit and stop work orders here:

Stop Work Orders

Englewood's City Engineer Peter Abballe issued a 'stop work order' on August 24, 2009 and subsequently ordered that $1,000-per-day penalties would be imposed if the owner and construction company refused to comply with the original stop work order on the Libyan government's New Jersey property

Englewood's Lawsuit Against Libya and Quattro Construction

After the stop work orders were issued, and work continued on the property, Englewood Mayor Michael Wildes had the City Attorney Bill Bailey sue to get a temporary restraining order and injunction against the Libyan Government and its Greenwich Village-based New York City contractor, Quattro Construction.

The lawsuit contends that Libya and the contractor:

    1. Have "not maintained Soil Erosion and Sediment Control (SESC) measures on site. Based on the amount of disturbance taking place on the property, the applicant will be required to obtain a SESC permit."
    2. "Has not obtained a tree permit for the trees cut down on the property;"
    3. Must submit a grading plan to the City for "review and approval," and potentially a "Soil Movement" permit;
    4. Obtain approval for the construction of a wall on the property, which "may require a Stream Encroachment Permit for construction near the pond area."

Here is Englewood's lawsuit against the Libyan Government and Quattro Construction:

Related Resources:


You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard