Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Father Calls 911 Over School Board Member Son's Messy Bedroom

By Javier Lavagnino, Esq. on May 18, 2009 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

In another in a series of eyebrow-raising 911 calls is a report out of Ohio about a father who just couldn't take his son's messy habits any longer. Apparently this dad's 9-1-1 call was triggered after his son hurled a "plate of food across the kitchen table" and "balled his fist up at his dad when told to clean his room."

Another rebellious teen-gone-wrong? Nope, turns out the son in this case, who shares his dad's name Andrew (but apparently not his standards of cleanliness) is 28 years old. Teaching his son a lesson took on an extra level of irony here, considering that the junior Andrew Mizsak just happens to be a member of the local school board.

Police actually seemed to sympathize with the senior Miszak, as they apparently felt this matter didn't quite fall into the category of frivolous 911 calls (which can lead to criminal charges of their own). Perhaps this was because there were projectiles thrown and fists shaken... At any rate, the police report noted the father's point of view, "Andrew is 270 pounds and he can't fight him, that they do everything for Andrew and he doesn't even pay rent."

Sill, the father later decided to go easy on his son and not press charges, saying "I overreacted. No big deal." Conceivably, charges against Mizsak could maybe have risen to misdemeanor assault or domestic violence, but the son reportedly seemed chastened enough and promised he would "keep his basement room clean". The dad also told the cops "he doesn't want to ruin his son's political career". Hmmm, whoops?

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard