Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Man Molested Teen Girls with 'Pregnancy Tests'

By Deanne Katz, Esq. on October 16, 2012 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

A Riverside, California man who allegedly told two teens he was giving them 'pregnancy tests' has been charged with molesting the girls.

Thomas Patrick Hayden is accused of telling the girls it was 'God's will' and making religious allusions to convince them to perform sexual acts. He was originally accused of molesting a teen in 2004 but no charges were filed, reports The Riverside Press-Enterprise.

On Tuesday Hayden and his wife Sandra appeared in court. While Sandra isn't charged with molestation, she is accused of other crimes.

Hayden and his wife are both charged with child endangerment of their five sons, all under the age of 18. Their home is filthy and unsanitary, according to a police report.

The home also had unsecured guns and ammunition as well as exposed poison and electrical hazards, reports The Riverside Press-Enterprise.

In March, the mother of a 17-year-old girl reported that Hayden had sexually abused her daughter. Hayden allegedly convinced the girl to go shooting with him while topless.

He also told her he was giving her a 'pregnancy test' and used religious references to coerce the teen into engaging in sexual activity, reports San Francisco Chronicle. The claims were similar to previous allegations involving Hayden and another teenage girl back in 2004.

Crimes that involve unwanted or inappropriate sexual conduct are grouped as sex offenses but some are more serious than others. Charges that involve underage person generally have harsher punishments attached.

The fact that Hayden appears to have used his position of power to coerce the girls could also work against him at trial.

Even if there isn't any penetration, inappropriate sexual behavior between an adult and a child can still be a crime.

If something has happened to your child that you think might be sexual abuse, report it to police as soon as possible. You can also talk to an attorney about filing a lawsuit if your child has been harmed.

Tuesday's hearing against the Haydens ended without either spouse entering a plea. Their arraignment was rescheduled for later this month.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard