Skip to main content

Are you a legal professional? Visit our professional site

Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Rodney King Arrested for DUI in Moreno Valley

By Stephanie Rabiner, Esq. on July 13, 2011 1:14 PM

His atrocious run-in with police may have sparked the Los Angeles riots in 1992, but the phrase "Rodney King arrested" has continued to pop up over the years, with King having no one to blame but himself.

In another such incident, the Chicago Tribune is reporting that Rodney King was arrested in Moreno Valley, California on Tuesday night after police spotted him violating a number of traffic regulations.

Field tests determined that he was under the influence.

Though we all know this isn't Rodney King's first run-in with the law, it certainly isn't his second, either.

In and out of alcohol rehabilitation and treatment centers, King has also been arrested for a number of alcohol-related offensives, including driving under the influence and domestic abuse.

However, very few of those arrests led to charges, according to the paper. He was even acquitted of one DUI in Pennsylvania.

Though he's currently out on a $2,500 bond, it's unclear whether prosecutors will file charges against King, or merely let him go.

However, prosecutors have at least one other available option.

Given that he has a long criminal record involving alcohol, they may be willing to strike a deal wherein he completes a stay at an inpatient facility in exchange for dropping the charges or placing him on probation.

Whatever they decide, we'll just have to wait and see. But, in the meantime, let's just hope that there isn't another "Rodney King arrested" story, because he's seriously ruining whatever shred of a legacy he has left.

Related Resources:

Copied to clipboard