Block on Trump's Asylum Ban Upheld by Supreme Court
With 2014 drawing to a close, we hope that our readers have made it this far without a drunken driving incident.
Others haven't been as lucky or prudent in the past 12 months, as you may discover in our 10 most popular DUI stories of 2014:
- Can a DUI Result in Deportation? -- We started off the year wondering if pop star Justin Bieber (or any immigrant) could be deported for his potential DUI charges.
- Do You Have to Disclose DUI Arrests, Convictions on Job Applications? -- Filling out job applications can be even more painful when you have anxiety about how your DUI past will affect your employment future.
- Yes, You Can Get a DUI in a Wheelchair -- Based on a very liberal definition of "driving," you can get a wheelchair DUI.
- 5 Potential Ways to Challenge a Breathalyzer -- Breathalyzer tests aren't legally bulletproof, and here are five ways to potentially challenge them in court.
- 3 Ways a Misdemeanor DUI Can Become a Felony -- DUIs don't always mean serious jail or prison time, but they can move from misdemeanors to felonies in a variety of ways.
- 10 Dumb DUI Mistakes You'll Want to Avoid -- You might not want to joke around with the cops or pretend that you're a lawyer when you get pulled over for DUI.
- 5 Reasons a DUI Trial May Be Delayed -- There are plenty of good, bad, and boring reasons that your DUI trial might be delayed.
- Justin Bieber's DUI Arrest: 5 Legal Lessons -- Nothing earth-shattering happened to the Biebs after his DUI arrest, but we can all learn something from the incident.
- What Happens After a DUI in a Foreign Country? -- Whether it's on Canadian whiskey or Mexican tequila, there are some legal consequences that might convince you to avoid a DUI in a foreign country.
- 1st-Time DUI: 5 Things You Should Know -- There's nothing magical about a first-time DUI arrest, but you should know that you still have options.
Each year our advice for those facing drunken driving charges remains the same: Consult an experienced DUI attorney in your area.