Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Woman Posed as 14-Year-Old Boy to Attract Teen Girls

By Kamika Dunlap on July 12, 2010 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Ohio Police say Patricia Dye "looks just like a boy" and in fact it was her impersonation of a 14-year-old boy in order to seduce a teenage girl she had a crush on which led to her arrest.

Patricia Dye, 31, is accused of dressing like a boy and using the alias Matt Abrams in order to have a relationship with a teenage girl, the New York Daily News reports.

Police began an investigation after a 16-year-old girl fled from a hotel when she discovered that Dye was really a woman - and not the teenage boy she appeared to be.

Dye had made herself look boyish, cutting her hair short into an androgynous style.

Dye is charged with unlawful sexual conduct with and contributing to the delinquency of a minor and importuning.

Dye entered a not guilty plea and is being held on $100,000 bond.

In general, a sex offender is a person who has been convicted of certain sex offense crimes. Examples of sex offenses include:

  • Sexual conduct with a minor
  • Sexual assault
  • Sexual assault of spouse
  • Molestation of a child
  • Continuous sexual abuse of a child
  • Infamous crimes against nature
  • Lewd and lascivious acts
  • Indecent exposure and public sexual indecency
  • Taking a child for the purpose of prostitution
  • Sexual exploitation of a minor
  • Incest
  • Kidnapping, aggravated assault, murder, unlawful imprisonment, and burglary (when the offense includes evidence of sexual motivation)
  • Failure to register as a sex offender
  • Violation of Sex Offender Registration statutes

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard