Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Two Federal Circuit Judges Receive Honorary Degrees at 2012 Commencement

By Tanya Roth, Esq. on May 25, 2012 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

It’s graduation season and that means that it’s time for judges to be recognized at commencement ceremonies.

This year, two judges from the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals have been recognized during commencement ceremonies: Judge Arthur J. Gajarsa and Chief Judge Randall R. Rader.

Judge Gajarsa received an honorary degree from the Georgetown University Law Center at their commencement ceremonies held on May 20, 2012. Georgetown University also happens to be Judge Gajarsa's alma mater, and he has served on the Board of Advisers.

He has served as a judge on the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals since 1997. Prior to serving as appeals judge, Gajarsa also worked for the government at the Department of Commerce, Department of the Interior and Department of Defense.

His judicial clerkships include clerking for Judge Joseph McGarraghy of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. Judge Gajarsa worked in private practice for many years, as well.

Chief Judge Rader also received an honorary law degree this graduation season. Only, he received his degree from the University of New Hampshire School of Law at their commencement ceremonies on May 19, 2012. Earlier that week, he spoke at the law school as well, on patent reform and the America Invents Act.

Judge Rader was appointed to the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals by President George H.W. Bush in 1990. He began his tenure as Chief Judge in 2010.

For more news and information from the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, add FindLaw's Federal Circuit Blog to your RSS feed.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard