4 Top Tips for New Law School Grads
Congrats to all the new law school graduates! If you were one of the thousands of 3Ls to become J.D.s this weekend, you've got an exciting life ahead of you! Well, actually, you've got a lot of bar prep coming up, first. But you can worry about that in a week or two. Right now, there are plenty of non-bar related topics to focus on, from the fun stuff (like picking your hobbies back up) to the not-so-fun (like getting on top of your debt).
Here are our top four non-bar-exam-related tips for new law school grads.
1. 5 Hobbies for Lawyers to Take Up
Remember your undergrad kickball league, or your plans to write a novel one day? Well, now that law school is over, you can get back to them. Whether it's learning an instrument or taking up wine tasting, here are five hobbies that can help keep you on top of your work-life balance.
2. 5 Books Lawyers Should Add to Their Summer Reading List
New J.D.s, here's our best advice: get in some beach days before starting your bar prep. Once you're tanned and relaxed, you'll be able to hit those MBE's running. But, don't just veg out in the sun. Take a book and get some culture, too. Here are five we recommend.
3. Where Is the Best Place for a Young Law Grad to Live?
Thinking of moving away from your law school now that you've graduated? Looking for a city with better prospects? There's a lot of factors to consider, from the bar exam to the bar scene. Here's what to consider.
4. 10 Ways to Get Rid of Your Student Loan Debt Faster
Did you leave law school with six figures in student debt? Don't worry, you're not alone. And you don't need to freak out just yet -- you have a grace period of a few months before you need to start repaying your federal loans. But hey, sooner is better than later when it comes to getting that albatross off from around your neck. So start off right with these 10 tips.
- Memorable Law School Graduation Speeches (TaxProf Blog)
- Top 3 Cool Jobs This Week: Entry-Level (but Still Awesome) Jobs (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- Law Student Loan Assistance Programs: There's Help If You Look for It (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- 6 Top Tips for Pursuing a Public Interest Legal Career (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.