5 Sober Valentine's Day Drink Ideas for Attorneys
Valentine's Day falls on a Friday this year, right before a long weekend. That can only mean one thing for attorneys: Valentine's Day happy hour!
Attorneys who have a torrid love affair with alcohol will be steering clear of spiked beverages. If that's you, don't worry. You can still get into the spirit (sans spirits) and treat yourself to tasty libations with a romantic flourish.
This Valentine's Day, fall in love with your liver. Check out these five non-alcoholic options, courtesy of Apartment Therapy:
- Chocolate Martini. If you like chocolate, this is your drink. With chocolate bars, milk, vanilla syrup and ice, this drink is Valentine's Day done right.
- La Boheme Noir. Nothing says "I love you" like caffeine. This drink includes a mix of black tea and lavender infused honey.
- Stormy Monday. A non-alcoholic take on the Dark and Stormy, mix ginger beer with lime and bitters. Ginger is known to be an aphrodisiac, so watch out ...
- Lemon Verbena and Orange Blossom Fizz. Mix lemon verbena with a little something exotic. If you can't find any verbena, try a lemon verbena tisane or infusion and allow it to cool, then mix the orange blossom water with that.
- Blackberry and Elderflower Spritzer with Mint. Do V-Day right with some fresh berries and bubbly water. You're used to taking charge, so feel free to make it as sweet or sour as you like.
Holidays are always a time of temptation for people recovering from alcoholism. The risk of relapse is particularly high for attorneys, considering the profession seems to have ongoing issues with alcohol. But with a little bit of creativity (and a whole lot of bubbly water), you can toast to your monogamous relationship with sobriety, and of course, your long weekend.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Have a great sober Valentine's Day drink idea that you'd like to share? Let us know on Facebook FindLaw for Legal Professionals.
- Valentine's Day in a Small Law Firm: Do's and Don'ts (FindLaw's Strategist)
- Best Valentine's Gifts for Lawyers (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- Law Firm Valentine's Day: Love It or Hate It? (FindLaw's Strategist)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.