7 Best Strategies for Surviving Your Law School Exams
Spring break is over. The end of the academic year is just a few short weeks away. You can't avoid it any longer. Law school finals are coming.
Since law school exams tend to be all or nothing -- your entire grade for a course depending on a few hours of maddening hypotheticals -- you'll want to make sure you're well prepared. Here are some of FindLaw's best exam tips to help you survive and thrive during law school exams.
1. How Law School Exams Are Graded, Kind Of
You can't beat an enemy you don't understand. So if you're still wondering why you got that B- in Civ Pro last semester, let us help you out with this quick, humorous explanation of law school exam grading.
2. Outlines 101: How to Write the Best Legal Study Outlines Ever
The key to a successful law school exam is a killer outline. Whether you make your own (you should), or buy a pre-made one (meh); whether you create a table of contents (nah), or cover your outline with tabs (do it), here are some tips to help you get the best outlines for your exams.
3. Top 7 Law School Study Aids
Thankfully, you don't have to study for law school exams alone. And we're not talking about study groups, either. Whether you're an Emmanuel fan or a Gilbert girl, there are dozens of study aids available. Here are our top recommendations.
4. 21 Serious, Creative, & Crazy Study Spots for Law Students
Need a break from the war zone that is the law school library during finals time? Here are a few alternatives.
5. Raise Your Hand If You Took Adderall to Study for Exams
You don't need to abuse prescription drugs to get ahead in law school -- in fact, it's a terrible idea -- but that won't stop plenty of your peers from popping attention deficit pills.
6. Law Student Fakes Own Kidnapping, Just in Time for Finals
Think you really don't want to sit for finals? Well, you've got nothing on this law student, who faked her own kidnapping in order escape final exams.
7. 10 Things 1Ls Can Do After Final Exams
Remember, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Here's what to do when you finally get there.
- 13 Scariest Things You'll Encounter in Law School (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- Is Law School a Better Investment Than Med School? (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- 10 Law Schools Most (and Least) Likely to Leave You in Debt (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.