7 Best Ways to Enjoy the Summer as a Lawyer or Law Student
Summer isn't like it once was, when you were a young kid or even just an undergrad. Long, slow summer days are replaced by all-nighters as an associate. And if you're still a law student, life isn't that much better. Lazy days at the beach are harder to come by, what with all the bar prep or summer associate work.
But that doesn't mean you can't still have fun. Here are our top tips for enjoying a little bit of sun and fun while still keeping on top of your lawyerly duties.
1. 5 Books Lawyers Should Add to Their Summer Reading List
There's something special about a good read in the sunshine, whether you're delving in to a beach read during an ocean-side vacation or just having a light read on the weekend. Here are five books we think all legal professionals will enjoy.
2. 5 Tips for Staying Productive in the Summer
You'd rather be taking the kids to the pool, hiking through the mountains, or sipping some rosé in an exotic locale -- whatever it is you want to do this summer, it certainly isn't work. But you don't have to let the summer steal away your productivity.
3. How to Be a Happy Lawyer at Work This Summer
If the summer sun doesn't bring a smile to your face, well, you might not be alone. Many people, lawyers and non-lawyers alike, can struggle to keep a positive attitude at work. These easy tips might make workplace happiness a little easier to find.
4. Top 5 Pop Culture Law-Related Travel Destinations
Want to get away from it all, but not too far away from the law? Consider a slightly legal-themed vacation, like checking out the OJ Simpson chase route in Los Angeles or Al Capone's old haunts in Chicago.
5. You're a Nerd, Accept It. Top 5 Nerdy Legal Travel Destinations
Are OJ and Al Capone a bit too casual for you? Try a serious law-nerd vacation instead, checking out the International Court of Justice in the Netherlands or the Magna Carta in England.
6. 5 Perks of Being a Summer Associate
A summer associate position can be a stressful thing. After all, it really is a season-long interview. But it has its perks too, whether it's the impressive pay or the fancy after work events.
7. 5 Things to Do After You Take the Bar Exam
Alright, you can't have too much fun studying for the bar exam. But once you're done? Go wild. Here are our five top post-bar recommendations.
- Top Tips for Being the Best Summer Associate (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- 3 Things Law Students Should Do This Summer -- Besides Work (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- His and Hers Tips for Summer Associate Dressing (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.