Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

DUI Lawyer Sues Strip Club: Was Too Drunk to Spend $18K in Booze

By Adam Ramirez on April 28, 2011 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

A Florida DUI lawyer has sued a Miami strip club for getting him so drunk he became "temporarily unconscious" and ran up a $18,930 bar tab.

Mark S. Gold, known in South Florida for specializing in traffic cases, sued the owners of the all nude strip club Gold Rush in Miami-Dade County Court, Courthouse News reports.

Mark Gold, founder of The Ticket Clinic, filed the complaint pro se. He wants a refund from him drunken night at the nude club.

Gold alleges that in November 2010, "Gold Rush knowingly and continuously served plaintiff alcoholic beverages to the extent that he was rendered intoxicated, partially or temporarily unconscious, and further to the extent that he had a complete loss of judgment, rational thought, or ability to enter into lawful contracts or agreements," Courthouse News reports

Gold goes on to claim that "Gold Rush having knowingly caused plaintiff's irrational state of mind, continued to ply him with liquor in order to charge his credit card excessive amounts to the extent of $18,930. Defendant knew, or should have known, of plaintiff's intoxicated state, having caused it."

Wait, so the nudie club caused Gold's irrational state of mind? Is that what Mark S. Gold, Esq., is arguing? OK, just wanted to clarify that.

Due to his inability to agree, the purported contract charges are voidable, Gold says in the suit. He also asserts that the money was misappropriated as a result of unfair and deceptive trade practices. His suit seeks not only compensatory damages but a punitive award and attorney fees.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard