Five of the Worst Law Partners We Know
Many people love to hate their boss, calling them 'the worst boss ever', especially if their boss is an overbearing law partner who keeps breathing down their neck. Sound familiar? If it doesn't we bet you know at least know someone who meets that description.
If you have the kind of boss that makes you celebrate the days they're out of the office, you can at least take comfort in knowing they probably aren't the worst ones out there.
Your boss could be like one of the top 5 worst partners we could find which would make your life much more unpleasant.
- Murder at the Firm. Meet Scott Marshall. This gem of a law partner pled guilty to killing his ex-law partner's ex-wife. He fought with his previous law partner, Bady Sassin, and it's believed he killed Sassin's ex-wife out of revenge. Oh, and he also had a drug habit.
- Remotely Monitored Ex-Firm. Meet William Balaban. Balaban left his job at Elliott Greenleaf & Siedzikowski to join a new firm but not before installing Dropbox on his old computer. He allegedly used it to remotely access his files and then deleted some of the backups. Anything for more clients, right?
- An Affair with Partner's Wife. Meet Walter Reed. It's one thing to be difficult with other partners but it's another thing entirely to have an affair with a partner's wife. The cuckolded partner, Lawrence Cohen, claimed that he was forced out of the firm due to the affair. His wife? Also a partner at the firm.
- Brother Partner Fired for Being a Deadbeat. Meet Andrew and Joel Finkelstein. Which is worse, the man that fires his own brother or the brother that does no work at the family firm? We're not sure but we don't want to work with either of these guys.
- Planting Pipe Bombs, Allegedly. Meet Mark Bates. While he hasn't been criminally charged, Bates's ex-partners believe he planted two pipe bombs in their home after he was fired for stealing from the firm. The circumstances are somewhat suspicious and Bates took the Fifth to avoid talking about the case rather than exculpating himself.
Heard worse horror stories in your time at the firm? Share them on our Facebook page. We won't tell (although someone else might).
- Is Making Partner Still the End Goal? (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- 5 Ways to Become a Partner by 40 (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- Can You Make Partner with a Belly Ring or a Neck Tattoo? (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.