Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Law Firm Claims to 'Go the Extra Inch' for Man with Penis Injury

By Stephanie Rabiner, Esq. on January 18, 2012 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

We get it, we really do. Some jokes are begging to be told. They're absolutely inappropriate, yet they need to be shared.

If you're with your friends, go ahead and tell them. But if you're talking to the Wall Street Journal, you might want to reconsider. Especially if it concerns a client's mangled penis.

San Diego's Carpenter, Zuckerman & Rowley, LLP unfortunately did not heed this advice.

The firm, which recently won a $7.6 million jury verdict for Navy veteran Matthew Wall sent the following news release to the Journal:

Trial lawyers Nicholas C. Rowley of Carpenter, Zuckerman & Rowley, LLP along with attorney Courtney Yoder fearlessly represented the veteran against Group 1 Automotive, a Fortune 500 Company, with the odds stacked against them. They are truly trial lawyers who are not afraid to "go the extra inch" for their clients.

At first glance, the release is no more than your typical puffery. But a closer look at Mr. Wall's injuries shows otherwise.

While riding his motorcycle, the then-23-year-old collided with the auto dealer's courtesy shuttle. The accident crushed his pelvic bone and severely injured his penis, according to Scoop San Diego. Though it was repaired, he lost an inch of length.

Brings new meaning to "go the extra inch," doesn't it?

Go ahead and chuckle -- it's a clever little play on words. But the statement could also be described as inappropriate, insensitive and tacky.

What do you think? Did the lawyers at Carpenter, Zuckerman & Rowley, LLP go an inch too far?

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard