Block on Trump's Asylum Ban Upheld by Supreme Court
Wherever you may fall in the law school timeline, there is an event to add to your docket. It is the auspicious American Bar Association (ABA) meeting held annually for law practitioners and law students. And get ready to hail the nearest trolley, because the action starts this Thursday in San Francisco.
What will you do when you get there? Fear not, here's a guide to show you what's hot.SF Calling: 5 Things to Do at the 2010 ABA Meeting
1. Go CLE crazy. Sure, with over 225 CLE options anyone would be going a little rice-a-roni to earn a year of CLE requirements. Here are a few interesting picks:
- Same-Sex Marriage - Moving Beyond State Courts (Thurs. 8/5 10:30am)
- Ethical Traps in Cyberspace (Fri. 8/6 10:30am)
- Marijuana Regulation and Federalism: A Clash of State and Federal Policy(Sat. 8/7 10:30am)
- Lawyers Surviving in a Darwinian World (Sun. 8/8 10:30am)
- Search & Seizure Evidence in the Computer and Digital Age: Fourth Amendment Implications (Thurs. 8/5 1:30pm)
- Social Networking Sites: Ethically Maximizing the Use of These Powerful Media (Thurs. 8/5 3:45pm)
- IP Counsel "Pow-Wow" - What Keeps Them Up at Night? (Fri. 8/6 8:30am)
- E-Discovery Headache: Take Two Aspirin and Call a Special Master (Fri. 8/6 3:45pm)
- Legal Research Made Easy With WestlawNext (Fri. 8/6 3:45pm)
- See all CLE offerings
2. Put your finger on the pulse. Find out what's new in the way of legal products and services at the ABA Expo which will feature over 100 exhibitors. It could be enough material to keep you king or queen of water cooler talk for weeks to come.
- Thursday and Friday (8/5 and 8/6): 10:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday (8/7): 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- See a list of last year's exhibitors
3. Do the two-step. This jig is easy and you've done it before: step 1, shake a hand; step 2, swap a business card. A five day conference brimming with lawyers and law students---you can bet there will be ample time to talk and network.
4. Have a ball. There's more than a single special event at the ABA Annual meeting. And you can get in touch with your luncheon and dinner inner rockstar by checking out one of these events.
- YLD Fellows Annual Gala - Celebrating Public Service and Education (Fri. 8/6 6:00 p.m.)
- Thurgood Marshall Reception and Dinner (Sat 8/7) 7:00 p.m.
- ABA Pro Bono Publico Awards Luncheon (Mon 8/9) 12:00 p.m.
- See all Special Events
5. Get a job or internship. Get some face time with hiring reps from prominent US law firms, government legal departments, and public interests organizations at the Career fair. It could just be where you find your next legal job or internship.
- Resume Review (Thurs 8/5) 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Career Fair (Fri 8/6) 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- See a list of 2010 Career Fair employers
Sign into your Legal Forms and Services account to manage your estate planning documents.Sign In
Create an account allows to take advantage of these benefits: