Block on Trump's Asylum Ban Upheld by Supreme Court
Some up-and-coming technology and communications companies have announced new general counsel and in-house appointments. Here are five notable career moves, as reported by InsideCounsel.
1. Spherexx.com, an Internet marketing software company specializing in the real-estate industry, has hired Lauren Allison as in-house counsel and executive assistant to the company's CEO. Allison has worked in real estate, civil, and business litigation, and was president of the Creek County Bar Association. Spherexx.com is based in Tulsa, with offices in Dallas and Houston.
2. Trulia.com, an online real-estate resource, announced Scott Darling as the new general counsel of the San Francisco-based company. Darling was formerly general counsel of data-security company Imperva, and also worked at Microsoft and Danger. Darling's 15 years of experience will help guide the growing company.
3. Micrel Inc., a manufacturer of IC solutions for analog, Ethernet, and high-bandwidth markets, promoted legal counsel Colin Sturt to vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary. Sturt has overseen San Jose, Calif.-based Micrel's global legal affairs since 2010. He previously worked at Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP as a corporate attorney.
4. NewComLink, a retail credit solutions company based in Austin, Texas, named James Howicz as general counsel. Howicz previously worked as executive legal director at Dell, where he led Dell's global financial services legal team; Howicz has also worked as counsel for Dell Financial Services, Wells Fargo Financial, and Discover Card.
5. Orbit Showtime Network, a Middle East subscription television service formerly known as Showtime Arabia, named Helena Samaha as general counsel. Samaha joins the Dubai-based network after stints at AlixPartners, Virgin, and DLA Piper. Samaha's appointment follows the departure of OSN's former legal counsel Gordon Finlayson, who left to become legal counsel for HBO Central Europe.
Sign into your Legal Forms and Services account to manage your estate planning documents.Sign In
Create an account allows to take advantage of these benefits: