Child Support in Review: 4 Posts and a Video
In light of high-profile divorce and custody cases such as Jon and Kate, non-reality star families in similar situations may wonder where they can learn more about child support, how it is affected by the recession, and ways to calculate how much is owed and how much is due. Over the past months, FindLaw's Law & Daily Life has been reporting on various aspects of child support. Whether you have just recently had to think about child support, or have been grappling with the issue for weeks or months, take a look at these posts and attached resources to get a better understanding of what you know, what you don't know, and how to fill in the gaps.
1. Layoffs Hit Family Courts: What Happens if I Can't Afford Child Support Payments?
2. How Child Support Calculation Works in the Recession
3. 3 Tips When Using A Child Support Calculator
4. 21 Kids, 11 Mothers, 1 Father: Ways to Collect Child Support
And If you are looking to get back to the basics about child support topics, here is a video covering some basic concepts such as what child support is, who pays, and which kinds of custody situations child support can apply to:
- Child Support Basics (provided by Law Office of Raymond B. Benzinger, P.C.)
- Child Support and Alimony in California (provided by Law Offices of Lori Clark Viviano)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.