Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Mortgage Problems? Turn Your House into Billboard

By Stephanie Rabiner, Esq. on April 15, 2011 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Would you like to live in a billboard? Or have a billboard live with you?

If you're one of 100 lucky homeowners, this could become your reality.

Taking advertising to a new level, mobile ad network Adzookie has begun handing homeowners a monthly mortgage payment in exchange for turning their home into a house billboard.

Capitalizing on tough economic times, Adzookie is offering to make homeowners' mortgage payments in exchange for the ability to paint their homes billboard-style. This includes the company's logo, website address, and social network and contact information.

Homeowners only need to commit to the house billboard for three months, reports the Kentucky Post. But Adzookie may extend the mortgage payments for up to a year before it returns the home to normal.

Normal being a color of the homeowner's choosing.

As expected, having a house billboard can cause a host of legal problems for a homeowner.

Many neighborhoods--even those without homeowners associations--have restrictions on home colors and upkeep as a means to maintain property value. City ordinances may also restrict advertisements above a certain size in residential areas.

Luckily, Adzookie does its due diligence, and according to The Wall Street Journal, checks into code restrictions before it paints. It also makes sure that applicants actually own their homes.

If you're thinking about embarking on a house billboard business of your own, make sure to do your due diligence as well.

The last thing you need is someone knocking at your billboard telling you to take it down.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard