New Veterans Health Care Bill On the Books
The Veterans Affairs Department [VA] provides health care for over 23 million American veterans. According to President Obama, the new measure will ensure more predictable and stable funding and "promotes accountability at the VA[,]ensures oversight by Congress [and is] fiscally responsible by not adding a dime to the deficit..."
How will the new bill ensure timely funding?
The bill will provide veterans health care funding one year in advance, taking it out of the purview of congressional budget debates. It will mean a little extra pre-planning for the Veterans Affairs Department...The VA will be required to submit an estimate of budget needs to the Government Accountability office prior for review. Upon approval, the review will be made public.
- Obama Signs VA Bill Into Law (msnbc)
- Obama signs veterans spending bill (AP)
- Obama signs law ending budget delays for veterans care (Washington Post)
- Supreme Court Slaps Down Appeals Court's Rules Favoring Veterans' VA Benefits Claims (FindLaw's Law & Daily Life
- Veterans' Benefits Overview (provided by The Law Office of Paul M. Goodson)
- Boards for Correction of Military Records (provided by National Military Justice Group)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.