Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Doctor Exchanged Prescriptions for Sex with Women

By Stephanie Rabiner, Esq. on May 03, 2011 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Insisting that he let his "little head think for [his] big head," a Florida doctor is now facing charges for drug trafficking and probably prostitution.

His crime?

He was caught during an undercover sting trading narcotic prescriptions for sex.

Talk about unethical.

At some point in January, it came to the attention of local police that Dr. Scott Oster had twice traded prescriptions for sex--handing out large quantities of oxycodone, alprazolam and Valium.

Not only that, but he worked for North Palm Beach Pain Clinic, which the Palm Beach Post reports was shut down in February during a group of raids conducted by the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Last week, two undercover female officers, along with a male informant, set up a meeting at a local hotel with Dr. Scott Oster. Once he had wrote prescriptions, the male informant was supposed to leave, allowing him to have sex with the two women, reports WPEC.

When the three showed up, the Palm Beach Post reports that he wrote two prescriptions for Percocet totaling 240 pills. And then he was arrested.

Dr. Scott Oster now faces 25 years behind bars for his prescriptions for sex scheme, which he claims was a bad idea spurred by thinking with the wrong part of his body.

While the charges filed are for drug trafficking only, trading narcotics for sex is considered prostitution and could add a few years to his sentence. Oster also likely violated a host of federal and state regulations regarding prescriptions, and will surely lose his license.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard