Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Fayetteville Courthouses

Last updated: December 6, 2013

Do you have court business in Fayetteville? Luckily, Fayetteville’s courts are centrally located at the Cumberland County Courthouse. Whether you’re looking for the district court, the superior court or the family court, you’ll start at the Cumberland County Courthouse.

If you have federal court business, the city also hosts a United States Courthouse for the Eastern District of North Carolina. This guide to Fayetteville Courthouses contains contact information for both courthouses in the city, as well as notes about what kinds of cases each court handles.

State Courts in Fayetteville

  • Cumberland County Courthouse

    117 Dick Street
    NC 28301

    Tel: (910) 475-3000

    Note: The Cumberland County Courthouse houses all trial courts in Fayetteville. The District Court handles misdemeanor criminal cases and preliminary hearings for felony cases as well as all civil cases for $10,000 or less, including small claims cases. The Superior Court handles all felony criminal cases, some misdemeanor cases and civil cases for more than $10,000. The website for the Clerk of the Superior Court has more information about court divisions and office locations within the courthouse.

Federal Courts in Fayetteville

  • United States Courthouse

    301 Green Street
    3rd Floor

    NC 28302

    Tel: (910) 483-9509

    Note: This court handles federal cases for the Eastern District of North Carolina. The court office is only staffed when court is actually in session in Fayetteville. If you need to file court papers with the federal court, contact other court locations.

Was this helpful?

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard

Find a Lawyer

More Options