Lemon Laws & Car Buying: Tools and Resources
If you’re in the market for a new car, you should take the time to research the models you’re considering before making a decision. On the other hand, if you’ve already purchased a car that turned out to be a lemon, you should look into your rights under your state’s lemon laws. This section offers a number of resources on researching vehicles, navigating the terms of your lease, dealing with an automotive dispute, state lemon laws, and more. Explore the links below to learn more.
- Car Buying Tools and Resources - Research a vehicle, and get tools to help with the car purchase process.
- Glossary: Financing Terms - Commonly used words related to vehicle financing.
- Car Manufacturers - Information on more than 40 vehicle manufacturers, and automotive dispute resolution programs.
- State-Specific Lemon Law Information - Links to car buyer protection information by state.
- State Lemon Laws - Summaries of state lemon laws for each of the 50 states, including time limits for defective vehicle repairs, and more. (FindLaw's State Laws Section)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.